Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Politics Divide Eastern Cape family


When the ANC had defectors and they formed Cope, there was a large rift in my family, those who were for Cope and those who for the ruling party the ANC. It cause a lot of tension at home and stirred up a number of debates but nothing like this...A high school boy in Port Elizabeth has been kicked out of his home because he supports Cope. More after the jump:



A high school pupil says he has been kicked out of his family home by his ANC-supporting brother, for apparently supporting Cope.

The Times reported on Wednesday that Owen Qebi was allegedly kicked out by his brother Ntsikelelo Qebi, over his "odd" choice of Cope.

Ntsikelelo is an ANC candidate for ward 3 in Sterstroom, near Queenstown, in the upcoming local government elections.

Owen, who is a Grade 11 pupil at the local Siyaphakama Senior Secondary, said his problems began in 2008 when he joined the Congress of the People.




 
He said Ntsikelelo ordered his sisters to dish up supper for him only after everyone had eaten. His TV viewing time was also limited.

"My brother used to say, 'you are not going to watch a TV set bought by ANC money, and you won't eat food bought by ANC money'," said Owen.



ANC TV Set this one


He was locked out of his home on Thursday last week after he had gone campaigning door-to-door for Cope.

"My brother told me to find alternative accommodation. He burned all my clothes in the backyard, including a pair of shoes he recently bought for me.

"I am homeless now for choosing Cope over ANC."


Guess he'll just have to cope

Owen moved in with a neighbour.

"This does not concern you. You've got nothing to do with it. I won't comment to any media about it," Ntsikelelo told the daily newspaper.

Ntsikelelo works as an assistant at the local municipal library and is the breadwinner for the Qebi family.


"Thats Ayoba!"
That shit is just unfair! The poor kid, he needs to think about his political alliance, I swear if they really had a problem with me supporting a different political party either than the one at home, I'd shut my mouth and vote the party I want because your vote is your motherfucking secret and no one will be in the ballot box with you. Kid is fucking stupid!

BCM

News24

No comments:

Post a Comment