Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Rent is too Damn High


Personally I blame Obama. He had everybody reciting his, "Yes we can" slogan. It hasn't taken long for someone to notice that, the slogan is more powerful than any acronym, any party could give us. Thusly the Rent is too damn high party came about. Jimmy Mcmillan, the founder and leader of aforementioned party, is also known as papa smurf. (a more fitting name I coudn't have given him) Is running for Governor of New York, and during the gubernatorial debate held at Hofstra University on Monday, with four other candidates, the man let loose several  gems.







First a little background on the man, he's a war vet, served two and a half years in Vietnam. A self proclaimed martial arts expert, the man with the uniquely coiffed facial hair, stole the show during the debate.

Peep this vid of his greatest hits vid from the debate: 





After Monday's debate, reporters inquired as to why McMillan had worn black gloves throughout the evening. According to the New York Daily News, the candidate responded:
"I'm a war vet ... Don't forget I was in Vietnam for two and half years and I have three Bronze Stars, but the chemicals of Agent Orange -- dioxin and a lot of other chemicals mixed up -- I would get sick. When I get home tonight, I know I'm not going to be able to breathe if I take them off. It could be psychological, I don't know, but I just put em on and wear them anyway." asked what his views were on gay marriage,  he stated his views on gay marriage, by saying "The Rent Is Too Damn High Party believes that if you want to marry a shoe, I'll marry you."

This guy is pure Gold, i wasn't sure what swagger meant till i saw this guy he definately has my vote, guy would add some colour to a boring political landscape.

He's also a musician:

Crying Out Loud by maxread


He put's our guys to shame

L.G

No comments:

Post a Comment