Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chicken Shit!


I’ve been in a couple of fights myself but I have never embarrassed myself by running from a fight or getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter, the reason I’ve had a relatively clean record is because I pick my battles wisely.

I won’t lie but boxing is one of my favourite sports and I would love to get involved in the sports but not after this guys story, dude chickened out of a boxing match clean!

Mervin Liensburg made a negative yet entertaining professional boxing debut at the Portuguese Hall at the weekend.

The fighter from Benoni took a severe pounding from Richard Khunou from the start of their four-rounder in the lightweight division.

Liensburg realised that his cornermen and referee David van Niewenhuizen seemed to enjoy watching him take the punches from Khunou, turned his back, ran to his corner and slipped through the ropes.

He summoned his trainer to remove his gloves. Liensburg returned to the ring only for the verdict, which was a TKO defeat.


Wouldn't you run?
 
There is one rule I’m aware off in boxing and that rule is you never turn your back on your opponent, how hectic was this guys ass whipping that he not only turned his back on his opponent but he also slipped through the ropes and asked his trainer to take his gloves off?

What happened to sticking it out as a man even if you’re getting your ass kicked, I’m sorry but I would rather fight to the death than be labelled a pussy for the rest of my boxing career!



Source: sowetan


BCM

No comments:

Post a Comment