Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Toight like a Tyga!


Every once in a while South Africans get to be surprised by a relatively unknown international artist, or better yet one who doesn’t really have any clout.

Turns out, Young Money rapper Tyga is on his way to Mzantsi to perform in Jozi at club Premium in Rivonia next week.
I figured since I’m the one who doesn’t really know much about Tyga I should do the honourable thing and find out who the hell Tyga is, I mean... I only know him as a featured artist on Chris Brown’s song Deuces.

The first thing that jumped out at me whilst doing my research is that Tyga is cousins with Travis McCoy  (lead singer of Gym Class Heroes), other than that he’s dropped two albums, the first one(No Introduction) in 2008 and the second album(Careless World) dropped this year, none of the album titles ring a bell but hey, what do I know.

To my knowledge Tyga is has an interview on YFM next week Thursday at 22:00  on The Full Clip with Sizwe Dhlomo and Siya Ngwekazi, I’ll get some insight into the man and what Tyga is all about besides being featured on Deuces.

Just cause I’m a little bit harsh towards the man doesn’t mean I won’t be going to the show next week. Keep checking out fishsinger.blogspot for more details on the concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment